Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mark Chapter Fifteen - July 15, 2008

Read Today's Passage

I have read and listened to this passage in all its different accounts for many years. It is so familiar to me that I can almost recite it with my eyes closed instead of reading it. So much pain and suffering is endured in these few short sentences that I am aware of just how broken, sinful and in need of a Savior I truly am. As much as I would like to say I could, the truth is that I could not walk those steps on my own. I have built too many relationships with many close people to give them up for so many people that more than likely hate me or at least do not care about me or my life. How is it that Jesus could do that? Sure, the Sunday School answer is that He is God and He can do anything. But meditate on that. Could you have taken His place if the opportunity presented itself? I would like to say that I would, but the truth is that I probably couldn't.

What about you?

1 comment:

Nancy D said...

Change brings insecuritie. Insecurity brings fear. Fear brings prejudice. Prejudice brings action without without contemplation. Let me not get in the place where I am so afraid of change that the domino effect starts in my life and I stand in the way of God.