Friday, August 1, 2008

Luke Chapter Sixteen - August 1, 2008

Read Passage Here

The first part of this chapter was very confusing to me! I really didn't understand what Jesus was saying, at least not completely. I urge you to read this in different translations to get the full meaning behind the text!

Jesus is still talking to the disciples, with the Pharisees around. I think Jesus is really talking more to the Pharisees at this point. He keeps trying to get them to understand the spirit of the law, and they just don't get it! They think they are so self righteous that they are blind to God trying to open their eyes!!

Also, I love the Rich man and Lazarus story. Read the last line.....so powerful. What is Jesus telling us through this parable?

I am looking forward to discussion on this chapter!

No comments: