Sunday, August 3, 2008

Luke Chapter Eighteen - August 3, 2008

Read Passage Here

I love reading Jesus' words. It makes me feel like I was right there with the disciples, and I hang on every word! And I have so many questions!!

Like when Jesus is talking about persistent faith, and God doing justice, when He talks about returning, does He mean when He will be resurrected, or the second coming?

I was very convicted by the lesson on prayer. Are we prideful when we pray? Or are we broken and realize we need God? I pray that God helps me to be as humble as the tax collector.

What do you think it means to have the faith of a child?

I always loved the story of the rich man. He has followed the letter of the Law so well through life....BUT he is unwilling to sacrifice his worldly gain to follow Christ. How true of all of us to a certain extent. What haven't we sacrificed to follow Christ fully?

And we end the chapter with a story of persistence, just like the chapter started. Sometimes I feel like I give up too easily in pursuing God. I think God wants us to pursue Him, to seek Him out, so He can meet our needs in a more profound way.

Thoughts?

No comments: